This Instant Pot Corn Chowder is made with frozen corn, potatoes, and bacon cooked together in a creamy broth . It is perfect for a cold fall evening, when you need something to heat you up.
There is nothing like a hot bowl of chowder on a chilly day and this corn chowder doesn't disappoint.
We love to eat corn in our house, from canned corn on a stove when we are really short on time to air fried Mexican street corn, slow cooker creamed corn, or cornbread. No matter how you make it, corn makes a great side dish.
This Instant Pot corn chowder soup will warm your insides and is a delicious blend of potatoes and corn. It is great with a bit of cooked bacon and shredded cheddar cheese sprinked over the top and paired with some crusty bread and a side salad.
Corn Chowder Made in the Instant Pot
I love that this is such an easy corn chowder recipe. Making it in the instant pot saves time and it couldn't be easier.
We used frozen corn for this recipe, but if you prefer, you can use fresh corn or canned corn in it's place. We love making this corn chowder any time of the year, but it especially hits the spot in the fall.
If you end up with leftovers, you can store this Instant Pot corn chowder in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
When you are ready to eat, just add the quantity you want into a pan and heat over medium heat until it's heated through.
How to Freeze
If you want to store leftovers for longer, you can freeze this corn chowder.
Just add to a freezer safe container or gallon zip lock bags and freeze. If you freeze in gallon ziplock bags, make sure to freeze them flat for easier storage as well as quicker defrosing.
I love soup and chowder with additional ingredients sprinkled over the top. Here are some favorite toppings for this corn chowder:
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- bacon (I think bacon goes great with almost anything)
- green onions
There are so many ways to make this corn chowder more personalized to what you like.
Try adding in the following:
- keilbasa or another type of smoked sausage.
- try adding some of your favorite veggies to the chowder such as chopped carrots or peas
- Hot peppers such as jalapenos will give this a nice kick.
You can also sub out the chicken broth with vegetable broth if you prefer.
What to Pair With
- fresh green salad
- crusty bread
- grilled cheese sandwiches or grilled cheese and ham
- red bell pepper
- jalapeno peppers
- chicken broth
- russet potatoes
- frozen or canned corn
- heavy cream
How to Make
Step 1: Add chopped bacon to the instant pot and set to saute. Cook, stirring occasionally until the bacon starts to brown.
Step 2: Add the onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Cook until the peppers are tender.
Step 3: Drain the bacon grease from the insert. Make sure to turn off the Instant Pot first.
Step 4: Add the chicken broth and use a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape any stuck on bacon from the bottom of the pot.
Step 5: Add in the potatoes and the corn kernels minus one cup. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 7 minutes.
Step 6: Do a natural release once it's done cooking.
Step 7: Open the Instant Pot lid and remove one cup of ingredients. Add into a blender and blend until smooth. Add back into the pot.
Step 8: Add heavy cream and the rest of the corn. Set to keep warm setting and cook for 10 minutes.
More Instant Pot Recipes You'll Love
Instant Pot Jalapeno Corn Chowder
- 5 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers deseeded and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 package frozen corn separated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add chopped bacon. Cook until the bacon starts to brown, then add the onion, red bell pepper and jalapeno pepper. Cook until peppers are tender.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and drain excess bacon grease.
- Pour in chicken broth and use a spatula to scrape away stuck-on bacon from bottom of pot.
- Add the potatoes and all but one cup of frozen corn.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 7 minutes. Do a natural release when finished cooking.
- Remove the lid from the instant pot and remove one cup of ingredients from the pot. Place in blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the pot.
- Add heavy cream and remaining corn and allow to cook on “Keep Warm” setting for 10 minutes.
- Serve, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply