This super easy chocolate brownie batter dip, tastes just like brownie batter! Simply blend together a few ingredients for an irresistible cookie-dough like concoction that you can dip your favorite crackers or fruit into.
For chocolate and brownie lovers, this brownie dip is a dream come true. It's the treat we are always secretly hoping there is a bit left over when making brownies, just so we can indulge in a spoonful (or three).
This is precisely that.
This dessert dip comes together incredibly easy and quickly. Just mix it and then serve it.
Brownie Batter Dip
This dessert dip is a great appetizer or dessert at a party, a fun snack for kids, or just a tasty snack for anytime.
We love how easy it is to make and how well it goes with graham crackers, strawberries and Nilla Wafers.
Cream cheese - Full fat cream cheese adds richer flavor and texture than reduced fat varieties. Make sure to pull this out about a half an hour before making so it will mix well into the other ingredients.
Butter - We use unsalted butter. Make sure to pull it out of the fridge about a half an hour before making.
Powdered sugar - Dissolves into the batter smoothly.
Brownie mix - Pre-made fudgy brownie mix takes the work out of making from scratch.
Milk - Just enough added milk is key for spreading consistency.
Mini chocolate chips - Use your favorite type of mini chocolate chips.
How to Make Brownie Batter Dip
To make the Brownie Batter Dip, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
Add the brownie mix and a 1⁄4 cup milk, beating well after each addition. Test the consistency and add more milk if necessary until it reaches a smooth spreadable texture. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with additional chips, and serve alongside fruits or graham crackers for dipping.
More Fun Dessert Dips
Tips for the Best Brownie Batter Dip
Here are some tips for making irresistible Brownie Batter Dip:
- Use room temperature ingredients to ensure smooth mixing and creamy consistency.
- For ultimate richness, opt for full fat cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually add powdered sugar to avoid lumps then beat well until fluffy.
- Test dip consistency by drizzling a drop onto a plate; thinner is easier to dunk with.
- Fold in chocolate chips gently just until evenly distributed, no overmixing.
- Keep dip chilled between servings.
- Stir briefly before dipping to reincorporate any separated ingredients.
Leftover brownie batter dip? No to worry, you can cover it up and store it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
What to Dip
- Graham Crackers
- Fruit - Berries, banana slices, strawberries, apples, etc.
- Pretzels - Thick rods stand up for scooping
- Cookies - Chocolate chip, sugar, ginger, 'Nilla Wafers
- Marshmallows - You could use toothpicks to dip mini marshmallows into the dip
Brownie Batter Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package fudge brownie mix
- ¼ to ½ cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the brownie mix and ¼ cup milk. Beat until well mixed.
- If the dip is too thick, add more milk a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more chocolate chips.