This Halloween, whip up a batch of frightfully delicious Mummy Brownies! These spooky treats are an easy Halloween dessert that kids will love helping make as much as they will enjoy eating them.
When October rolls around, it's time for all things spooky, fun, and deliciously sweet!
This year, try these "Mummy Brownies", a unique twist on brownies.
Brownies are a favorite, with their rich, chocolaty goodness. But these brownies are turned into adorable mummies.
These mummy brownies are a little bit different than some others that you've probably seen. These ones use mini Twix bars to decorate these brownies into mummies.
They have edible googly eyes peeking out and the white icing is swirled in a mummy-wrap fashion.
Perfect for Halloween parties or just a fun baking session with kids, these Mummy Brownies are sure to be a hit.
They're easy to make, fun to decorate, and delicious.
INGREDIENTS FOR MUMMY BROWNIES
Brownie Mix: Choose your favorite brand or flavor. You can also opt for mixes with added flavors or inclusions like chocolate chips.
Eggs: Pull them out of the fridge first when gathering ingredients to allow them to come to room temperature.
Mini Twix: You can experiment with other mini candy bars if desired.
White Cookie Icing: You can use either homemade icing, but store-bought works just as well for convenience.
Edible Googly Eyes: They're usually made of sugar and gelatin, and can be found in most baking aisles around Halloween.
HOW TO MAKE MUMMY BROWNIES
Begin by pre-heating your oven to 350°F and grease a 13x9 cake pan. Blend together your chosen brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large mixing bowl.
Once combined, transfer brownie mixture into your prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until it is done.
Let the brownies cool down entirely. This will make the next steps smoother and prevent the toppings from melting. Once cooled, cut the brownie into 12 even squares.
Now, for the fun part: transform each brownie into a mummy!
Start by laying a mini Twix in the center of every brownie piece.
Then, add two edible googly eyes into the top of each Twix. To achieve the mummy look, artfully drizzle the white cookie icing over the Twix in a zigzag pattern.
Your spooky mummy brownies are now ready to be devoured!
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST MUMMY BROWNIES
Here are some tips for making the best mummy brownies:
- Use an extra fudgy brownie mix for moist, chewy brownies that hold their shape when decorated.
- Let the brownies cool completely before decorating.
- Pipe the icing in a zig-zag pattern over the Twix to resemble mummy wrappings.
- Use black decorating gel to outline the googly eyes for a cartoonish look.
- Make different facial expressions on each brownie using the icing or how you place the eyes.
- Add a sweet message like "Have a boo-tiful Halloween!" with icing.
- Sprinkle orange and black sanding sugars over the brownies for a festive touch before adding the Twix bars.
- Let the kids help decorate the brownie mummies for added fun.
STORAGE AND LEFTOVERS
Here are some tips for storing leftovers or making Mummy Brownies ahead of time:
- Mummy brownies store well at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Keep away from moisture.
- If decorating ahead of time, wait to add the googly eyes until ready to serve so they don't fall off.
- Transport decorated brownies in a rigid container with parchment between layers to prevent sticking and damage.
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 12 mini Twix
- White cookie icing
- Edible googly eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water.
- Pour brownie mixture into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 min.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut brownies into 12 squares.
- Place a mini Twix on each brownie square.
- Take two edible googly eyes and push them into each mini Twix at the top
- Using the cooking icing swirl back and forth over the Twix to create a mummy effect.