This dunkaroo dip is the perfect after school snack or party appetizer. It's a kid friendly dip that is not only delicious, but so easy with minimal ingredients.
Have you had a dunkaroo dip before? It is a cake batter dip recipe that uses boxed cake mix, Cool whip, yogurt and sprinkles.
It is so kid friendly and is a sweeter dip that falls under the dessert dip category.
It uses fairly simple ingredients, including Coolwhip, cake mix, and yogurt.
This is the perfect dunkaroo dip recipe for birthday parties, a baby shower or kid get togethers. It doesn't take any time to whip this dip up and if you pair it with animal crackers or graham crackers, it is pretty perfect.
Why You'll Love this Dip
It couldn't be easier to make. We LOVE easy snacks and dips around our house and I'm sure you do too.
It's easy to change out the sprinkles to change the "mood" of this dip. If you want to use it for Halloween, use some Halloween sprinkles or black, orange, and purple ones. Use green ones for St. Patty's day, etc.
- box Funfetti cake mix (Vanilla Cake Mix will work too. You will need to add sprinkles, can also use Valentine's Funfetti cake mix)
- whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- Plain Yogurt Cup
- Valentine’s Sprinkles or rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla Extract
- Cookies for Dunking
How to Make
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl add the Funfetti cake mix as well as the Cool Whip. Mix well.
Step 2: Add in the yogurt, vanilla extract, and sprinkles. Mix well again.
Step 3: Transfer dip to a serving dish, sprinkle with the leftover sprinkles and serve.
Favorite Food to Dip
We have several favorite dippers for dunking into this Dunkaroo dip. Here are a few:
- Teddy Grahams
- Graham Crackers
- Animal Crackers
- Fresh fruit such as strawberries or apples
Tips for Making This
- Make sure your utensils for stirring this all together are sturdy enough not to break. I'm embarrassed to say that I've broken a spatula before while stirring together a dip. Don't make the same mistake as me.
- If you like your dip to be colorful, don't be scared to add more sprinkles!
- Let your cool whip thaw before making. When it's frozen, it's hard to mix it in.
- If you make this dip and find it too thick after chilling in the fridge, you can add a tablespoon or so of milk or cream to thin it back out.
How to Cook the Flour
If you are concerned about using raw flour in this dip, you can always cook it beforehand.
Just pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Dump the cake mix onto a rimmed cookie sheet or even in a casserole dish. Cook it for 5 minutes in the oven.
Make sure to let the cake mix cook completely before using it in the dip.
Make sure to keep your dunkaroo dip in the refrigerator. You can either add some Saran wrap over the top of the serving container or transfer to an airtight container.
This dip will be good for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Other Delicious Condiments and Dips
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix vanilla cake mix will work if you add sprinkles
- 8 oz Coolwhip
- 1 plain yogurt cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cookies for dunking
- In a large mixing bowl add the Funfetti cake mix as well as the Cool Whip. Mix well.
- Add in the yogurt, vanilla extract, and sprinkles. Mix well again.
- Transfer dip to a serving dish, sprinkle with the leftover sprinkles and serve.