This strawberry ice cream cake is a delightful treat that brings together ice cream bars and strawberries. It's the perfect dessert for any occassion.
This easy no bake strawberry ice cream cake is the perfect summer dessert.
With layers of ice cream sandwiches, fluffy whipped topping, and sweet strawberry sauce, it's sure to be a crowd-pleasing treat on hot days.
The assembly is simple enough to get the kids involved too.
Part ice cream pie and part ice cream sandwich cake, this frozen dessert combines all our favorites.
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
It's the perfect quick and easy summer dessert to serve at barbecues, potlucks, or casual get-togethers.
Kids and adults alike will love this sweet treat.
Let this no-bake cake become your new go-to way to cool off and indulge on hot summer days.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches: If you can't find the strawberry cheesecake flavor, you can use any flavor you prefer.
Cool Whip: Make sure to pull it out of the freezer about a half hour or so before assembling your cake. This will allow it to come to room temperature and make it easier to spread on the cake.
Strawberry Ice Cream Topping: You can also experiment with other fruit toppings based on your preference.
Fresh Strawberries: Always choose ripe and juicy strawberries for the best flavor.
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Start by arranging half of the strawberry cheesecake ice cream sandwiches at the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. This will form the first layer of your cake.
Next, spread half of the Cool Whip over the ice cream sandwiches. Drizzle the strawberry ice cream topping over the Cool Whip. Repeat the process with the remaining ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and strawberry topping.
Once you've assembled the cake, cover it with plastic wrap and let it freeze for at least 3 hours. This will make sure that the cake is firm and holds its shape when cut.
Just before serving, top the cake with slices of fresh strawberries. Remember to serve the cake frozen to maintain its structure and to get the full ice cream cake experience.
More Summer Desserts
Tips for Making Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Here are some tips for making the best Strawberry Ice Cream Cake:
- I used Kroger brand ice cream sandwiches and they should be available at any Kroger store. They are made by Turkey Hill. If you can't find the strawberry cheesecake flavor, you can find other brands with strawberry ice cream sandwiches.
- Proper Layering: When assembling your cake, make sure to spread each layer evenly.
- Chill Time: It's important to allow your cake to chill in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until firm.
- Make Ahead: This cake is a great make-ahead dessert. After it's assembled, you can freeze it until you're ready to serve. This can be particularly useful if you're preparing for a party or event.
If you end up with leftovers, make sure to store in an airtight, freezer safe container and store it in the freezer. If you don't have the right container, you can also wrap your cake is plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil.
It can be kept for up to 2 months.
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- 24 strawberry cheesecake ice cream sandwiches unwrapped
- 16 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1 jar strawberry ice cream topping
- Fresh strawberries for topping sliced (use as many as you like)
- In a 9x13-inch pan, place 12 of the ice cream sandwiches in a single layer.
- Scoop half of the Cool Whip onto the ice cream sandwich layer and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle the strawberry ice cream topping over the Cool Whip.
- Add the remaining 12 ice cream sandwiches in a single layer.
- Scoop the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the cake and spread out evenly.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours until completely firm.
- Top the cake with slices of fresh strawberries.
- Cut the cake and serve frozen.
• The ice cream sandwiches I used are Kroger brand and should be available at any Kroger banner store. They’re also made by Turkey Hill. If no similar ice cream sandwiches can be found, other brands make chocolate ice cream sandwiches with strawberry ice cream as the filling and this would work as well, possibly with chocolate dipped strawberries on top of the cake instead of plain strawberries.
• The cake keeps well in the freezer for up to two months.