This recipe for cheeseburger quesadillas combines the hearty taste of a classic cheeseburger with the cheesy crunch of a quesadilla, all topped with a tangy homemade sauce. It's a fun and delicious twist that's sure to shake up your dinner routine.
These cheeseburger quesadillas are perfect for a fun family meal or game day get-together!
With juicy beef, melted cheese, and tasty toppings all stuffed in a crispy tortilla, they capture all the flavors of a classic cheeseburger in easy handheld form.
Kids and adults alike will love this inventive spin on taco night.
You may want to double the recipe because they go quickly!
There are so many reasons to love these crave-worthy Cheeseburger Quesadillas:
- They're a fun twist on taco night
- It's an easy, handheld meal
- They're packed with flavor
- The sauce takes them over the top and is fun to dip in
- Kids and adults love them
- They're customizable - Add your favorite burger toppings like bacon, guacamole, sautéed onions.
- Prep is quick and easy
With their mouthwatering cheesy, beefy goodness, these quesadillas truly hit the spot. They make it so easy to bring fun burger flavors to your next Mexican meal or casual get-together.
Ingredients in Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Ground Beef: It provides a hearty, savory flavor that is characteristic of a traditional cheeseburger. You can choose lean or regular ground beef depending on your preference for fat content.
Onion: It's diced small so it blends well with the beef and doesn't overpower the other flavors.
Seasonings: This includes seasoned salt, salt, and black pepper. Feel free to adjust the quantities to suit your taste.
Butter: Used to fry the quesadillas.
Flour Tortillas: Soft taco size is perfect for a handheld meal, but you can use larger ones if you prefer.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese: You can substitute with your favorite cheese.
Roma Tomatoes and Pickles: Dice them small to distribute evenly in the quesadilla.
Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Yellow Mustard, Dill Relish, and Sweet Paprika: These ingredients make up the sauce. It's a tangy, sweet, and slightly spicy sauce that complements the savory quesadilla perfectly. Adjust the quantities to suit your taste.
How to Make Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the diced onions and seasonings, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Once the beef is no longer pink, drain it well and set it aside to keep warm.
Next, prepare the quesadillas. Wipe out the skillet and melt a tablespoon of butter. Depending on the size of your skillet, place one or two tortillas at a time, with half of the tortilla hanging off the side of the skillet.
Over one half of each tortilla, sprinkle some cheese, add the cooked hamburger, a bit of tomato, some pickles, and another sprinkle of cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the middle. Cook the tortilla for a minute or two on each side, until it turns golden brown. Repeat this process until all the quesadillas are made.
Finally, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, dill relish, and sweet paprika. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve them with the sauce.
Enjoy your delicious Cheeseburger Quesadillas!
Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Here are some handy tips and tricks for making insanely delicious Cheeseburger Quesadillas:
- If you want to save time, use pre-shredded cheese. Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar work great. I have found pre-shredded cheese doesn't always melt as well as grated from the block cheese.
- Cook ground beef in advance. Let cool, then store in fridge up to 3 days before using.
- Mix special sauce ahead too. Combine ingredients and store in jar in fridge.
- Assemble quesadillas assembly-line style. Lay tortillas out and add fillings.
- Use two skillets to cook quesadillas faster if making a big batch.
- Brush tortillas with oil or butter to get extra crispy, golden edges.
- Add sliced jalapeños for spicy quesadillas or guacamole for creamy ones.
- Use smaller 6-inch tortillas for bite-sized quesadilla snacks.
- Swap ground turkey for the beef to make them leaner.
- Add crumbled bacon or sliced avocado for even more flavor.
With a few easy tricks, you'll have these crowd-pleasing Cheeseburger Quesadillas on the table in no time!
There are so many fun ways to customize these cheeseburger quesadillas:
- Substitute ground turkey or chicken for a lighter version.
- Use different cheeses like pepper jack, Swiss, or provolone.
- Add sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, or caramelized onions.
- Top with guacamole, bacon crumbles, or sliced avocado.
- Spice it up with jalapeños, salsa, or hot sauce if you like heat.
- Make it Greek style with ground lamb, feta, and tzatziki sauce.
- Go Italian with ground sausage, mozzarella, and marinara dipping sauce.
- Add some BBQ flavor with shredded pork, cheddar, and tangy barbecue sauce.
- For breakfast, use scrambled eggs instead of ground beef.
- For dessert, try making S'mores Quesadillas with chocolate and marshmallows.
The possibilities are endless for customizing these to suit your tastes!
Whatever your favorite type of cheeseburger is, add those ingredients to this to make it your favorite.
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Quesadillas
These flavorful cheeseburger quesadillas pair perfectly with a variety of tasty sides:
- French fries - Crispy fries are a natural match for the cheeseburger flavors.
- Tater tots - Golden, crispy tater tots make an easy side.
- Onion rings - For an extra crispy, savory crunch.
- Corn on the cob - Grilled corn with lime butter
- Coleslaw - Cool creamy coleslaw balances the richness.
- Southwestern salad - A salad with beans, corn, avocado and a spicy dressing.
- Chili - Beef or bean chili complements the Tex-Mex vibe.
- Nachos - Pile on all the fixings for a nacho bar.
- Refried beans - Smooth, creamy beans make a nice contrast.
- Spanish rice - Zesty, flavorful rice is an easy addition.
- Guacamole and chips - Fresh guac and crispy chips let you scoop up bites.
With a variety of sides, from crunchy snacks to cool, creamy salads, you can round out the meal perfectly.
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 8 flour tortillas soft taco size (8 inches each)
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ cup pickles diced
Big Mac Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dill relish or ¼ cup chopped dill pickle chips and 1 Tablespoon pickle juice
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onions and seasonings. Crumble the beef as it cooks until it is no longer pink. Drain well and keep warm.
- To make the quesadillas: Wipe out the skillet and add a tablespoon of butter. Depending on the size of your skillet, place one or two tortillas at a time into the skillet with half of the tortilla off the side of the skillet.
- Over one half of each tortilla, sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese. Add about ½ cup of the hamburger, about a tablespoon of tomato, about a tablespoon of pickles, and an additional sprinkle of cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the middle.
- Cook the tortilla for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until it turns golden brown. Remove the quesadillas and repeat until all of the quesadillas are made.
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Serve over the salad.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the sauce.