These red velvet cookie bars are moist and fluffy. Topped with cream cheese for an ultra-rich dessert.
This is the perfect cookie bar recipe to bring to holiday gatherings for the dessert table. You can easily change out the sprinkles to Valentine's ones and you have Valentine's Day cookie bars.
Our red velvet cake mix cookie bars uses a cake mix to save time and make it easier to make these and we used a whipped cream cheese frosting with sprinkles for the top.
This results in a fluffy and moist cookie bar that is full of rich velvety red velvet flavor. The cream cheese frosting adds that extra tang and richness that pairs so beautifully with red velvet.
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
We love how quick and easy it is to make these cookie bars. It seems like time just seems to fly around the holidays and anything to save time is a win in my book.
You might have all these ingredients already stored in your pantry, if not most grocery stores carry all the ingredients you need to make this.
- If you want to make a different flavor of cake mix cookie bars, you can swap out the red velvet cake mix for another flavor.
- Dough is thick and sticky! Use the measuring cup that you measured out the oil with and use the excess oil from that on your hands to help prevent the dough from sticking to them when pressing it out.
- It will seem like you won't be able to get the dough all the way throughout the whole 9x13 baking dish. You can, just have a little patience and continue to work the dough and push it down and out.
If you have leftovers, cover it with some plastic wrap and you can keep these for up to 3-4 days on the counter.
red velvet cake mix: we use box cake mix to cut down on time and it's still incredibly delicious!
oil: we used vegetable oil when making these cookie bars.
whipped cream cheese frosting: we used store-bought cream cheese frosting, but you can make your own if you prefer.
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Prepare: Set the oven to 350°F to preheat. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
Mix: In a large mixing bowl stir together the red velvet cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs until it is well combined. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it into it.
Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown in color. Remove the cookie bars from the oven and let them cool completely.
Decorate: Remove cookie bars from the pan. Spread cream cheese icing over the top of them and sprinkle the sprinkles over the top to decorate. Cut them into squares.
Enjoy eating your cookie bars!
More Delicious Desserts
Red Velvet Bar Cookies
- 1 15.25 ounce package red velvet cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 container whipped cream cheese frosting
- Red and green sprinkles
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the red velvet cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs until it is well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and press cookie batter into it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown in color.
- Remove the cookie bars from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Remove cookie bars from the pan.
- Spread cream cheese icing over the top of them and sprinkle the sprinkles over the top to decorate.
- Cut cookie bars into squares.