These creepy-cute Halloween brownies are the perfect dessert for your Halloween party! Fudgy brownies get layered with orange-tinted cream cheese then topped with sprinkles and googly eyes for a spooktacular look.
Take your Halloween dessert options to the next level with these delightfully spooky brownies.
Hidden beneath the creepy decor of edible googly eyes and sprinkles lies a monstrously delicious brownie treat.
Ultra-fudgy brownies get topped with a layer of orange-tinted cream cheese that perfectly complements the chocolate.
The googly eyes peering from the surface give these brownies a playfully ghoulish look that's perfect for Halloween.
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN BROWNIES
Making the brownie base is as easy as mixing up a simple batter of flour, cocoa powder, butter, and eggs that bakes into rich, chewy perfection.
While that cools, beat together a creamy cream cheese layer that gets spread over the chocolate base. A few drops of orange food coloring amp up the Halloween vibe.
Finally, decorate the top with sprinkles and googly eyes for a finishing touch that makes these brownies the life of the party.
Surprise and delight Halloween guests with these cute yet creepy treats.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPOOKY HALLOWEEN BROWNIES
Sugar:- A combination of brown and white sugar adds sweetness and moisture. You can adjust amounts to desired sweetness.
Cocoa powder: Use natural unsweetened for richest chocolate flavor.
Vanilla: Use real vanilla extract for best flavor.
Cream cheese: Let it soften before mixing.
Powdered sugar: Also called confectioners' sugar, this sweetens the cream cheese layer delicately.
Sprinkles & googly eyes
HOW TO MAKE SPOOKY HALLOWEEN BROWNIES
To make these brownies, first, preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by coating it with nonstick spray and lining it with foil or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined into a thick batter.
Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in drops of orange food coloring until the desired shade is reached.
Carefully spread this cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Top with sprinkles and googly eyes.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set in the center.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST SPOOKY HALLOWEEN BROWNIES
Here are some tips for making the best spooky Halloween brownies:
- Grease and line the baking pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking and help remove the finished brownies.
- Fold the batter as little as possible once adding the wet to the dry. Overmixing makes brownies dense and cakelike.
- Spread brownie batter evenly and into the corners of the pan. This makes sure it bakes evenly.
- Apply sprinkles and googly eyes gently by pressing lightly into the cream cheese. Don't drag them through.
- Cut brownies with a sharp, clean knife for neat slices. Wipe knife between cuts.
STORAGE AND LEFTOVERS
If you have leftovers, you can store these for later.
Allow the brownies to cool completely before storing. Covering warm brownies can cause condensation which can make them soggy.
Place cooled brownies in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
You can store on the counter for 3-5 days. If you prefer, you can store in the fridge.
Spooky Halloween Brownies
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Orange food coloring
- Edible googly eyes
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8x8 baking dish with foil, grease and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until well incorporated.
- Add egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla to the flour mixture and fold until all flour is wet and you have a thick batter.
- Pour brownie layer into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together room temperature cream cheese, egg, and powdered sugar.
- Once there are no more lumps in your cream cheese mixture add orange food coloring.
- Pour cream cheese layer on top of brownie layer.
- Top with sprinkles and googly eyes and bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is no longer jiggling in the center.
- Let brownies cool completely in order to make clean cuts.
*The cream cheese layer may crack. It’s okay, it adds to the spookiness.