Discover the delight of Air Fryer Cherry Fritters. These sweet treats bring the irresistible combination of fluffy biscuit dough and tangy cherry pie filling, all finished with a heavenly vanilla glaze.
Air Fryer Cherry Fritters
Whip up a batch of Air Fryer Cherry Fritters and watch them disappear before your eyes!
This simple yet scrumptious recipe transforms ordinary refrigerated biscuits into a dessert that will make you will absolutely love!
Perfect for a quick snack or a sweet end to any meal, these fritters are sure to become a new favorite.
Butter Flavor Refrigerated Biscuits: Look for a brand that puffs up nicely and offers a buttery taste.
Cherry Pie Filling: Choose a filling that's rich in fruit and not overly sweetened to balance flavors.
Powdered Sugar: A fine, lump-free sugar will create a smooth glaze.
Milk: A little goes a long way; full-fat milk will give the glaze richness.
Vanilla Extract: Pure extract will provide a warm, full-bodied vanilla flavor.
How to Make
To make the Air Fryer Cherry Fritters, split biscuits in half to form rounds. Line the air fryer basket with parchment and place the biscuits dough side down.
Spoon a little cherry pie filling onto each round. Cook in batches at 390°F for 5-6 minutes until biscuits start to brown.
Once cooled slightly, make vanilla glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Adjust the milk amount for thicker or thinner consistency as preferred.
Drizzle glaze generously over warm fritters. Enjoy these easy-baked treats that require just 10 minutes total in the air fryer.
Here are some tips for making these the best cherry fritters!
- Preheat your air fryer for a consistent cooking temperature.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket; cook in batches if necessary.
- Let the fritters cool slightly before glazing to prevent the sugar from melting away.
- If the glaze is too thick, add milk a teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve the fritters warm for the best flavor and texture.
- You can sub out the cherry pie filling for whatever your favorite pie filling flavor is.
- If you can find lemon flavored biscuits, you can swap out the biscuits for these for a yummy lemon cherry (or blueberry!) fritter.
These are definitely best when they are fresh out of the air fryer. If you end up with too many, here are some ways to store it for later:
Counter: Best enjoyed fresh, but you can keep them at room temperature for a day.
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheating: Warm them up in the air fryer for a few minutes to bring back some of the freshness and warmth.
Air Fryer Cherry Fritters
- 16 ounces Butter Flavor Refrigerated Biscuits 1 can
- 28 ounces cherry pie filling 1 can
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Split the biscuits in half so that you have 16 rounds.
- Line the Air Fryer basket or tray with parchment paper and place the biscuits down.
- Spoon a little cherry pie filling on each round.
- Place in an Air Fryer in batches and cook at 390 degrees for about 5-6 minutes until the biscuits start to brown.
- Once slightly cooled, make vanilla glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Whisk until powdered sugar dissolves and glaze forms.
- Drizzle over the cherry pie filling and enjoy.
Cook in batches leaving a little room between each biscuit.
Can use less milk for a thicker glaze or more for a thinner glaze. The nutritional info on our recipe card is an estimate provided by a calculator and may not be accurate. For precise values, calculate with your own ingredients and preferred tool.