This taco seasoning mix recipe is great to flavor taco and burrito meat or add to anything that requires a taco seasoning.
There are so many reasons for making your own taco spice mix.
I started making my own when I was frequently out of the taco seasoning packages from the store. I didn't want to take the time to drive there and back in the middle of making dinner.
So, I started adding some spices together that commonly go well with Mexican food.
It turned out really good and it was so much cheaper. Plus, I was already buying the main spices in bulk to save money, so it made sense to start making my own spice blends as a way to save even more money.
You'll find this taco seasoning mix is really easy to make and you probably have the spices in your spice cabinet already.
One of the best things about making your own homemade spice mix is that you can change the ingredients to match what you like best. I have times where my body can't handle eating any chili pepper, so it's easy for me to leave that out when making my own taco seasoning mix.
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t want heat)
How to Make
This is so quick and easy to make. All you need to do is measure out your spices into either a jar with a lid (this is what I like to do) or into a bowl. Mix it all together and you have taco seasoning.
Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
- • 4 tablespoons chili powder
- • 3 ½ tablespoons paprika
- • 2 tablespoons cumin
- • 1 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- • 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper omit if you don’t want heat
- Add all spices to a jar, add lid and shake to mix.
- Use 1 tbsp per 1 pound of meat.
Make sure to "PIN IT" so it's easy to find this recipe later.