This Snickers cake is so easy to make. You start with using a cake mix, then make it into a poke cake, adding caramel and peanuts into the cake and topping with a chocolate frosting with chopped snickers.
Looking for an easy and delicious dessert?
This Snicker's poke cake is perfect! We used chocolate cake mix as a shortcut so this cake is made in no time and with very few ingredients.
Plus, it's sure to be a crowd favorite!
If you haven't had the pleasure of trying one yet, poke cake is a cake that's been poked with holes and then the holes are filled with some sort of filling. For this cake, we used a chocolate cake with a filling caramel and chopped peanuts.
If you love Snicker's candy bars, you'll love this cake with the same peanut, caramel, and chocolate flavors!
This Snicker's poke cake is one of our favorites.
It is the perfect dessert or birthday cake for someone who has a sweet tooth for Snickers.
Ingredients for Snickers Cake
- chocolate cake mix, prepared in a 9x13 pan
- caramel sauce
- peanuts, crushed
- chocolate frosting
- Snickers candy bars, chopped
How to Make Snickers Cake
Step 1: Make the cake mix and allow the cake to cool completely, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cooled cake. The holes should be about 1-2" apart.
Step 2: Fill each hole halfway full with caramel sauce, then top the caramel sauce with chopped peanuts. Set aside the remaining peanuts to sprinkle on the top of the cake.
Step 3: Carefully spread the chocolate frosting over the top of the cake.
Step 4: Decorate the cake with chopped Snickers candy bars and peanuts.
Tips for Make Snickers Cake
- Make sure to let the cake cool at least 15 minutes before poking holes in it.
- When poking holes in the cake, you can use the back of a wooden spoon or if you don't have that, try using chopsticks. Make sure the holes go about ½ to ¾ of the way through the cake, so the filling can really seep in, but the cake still stays together.
- Be sure to space the holes evenly as well as fill the holes evenly.
After enjoying a delicious slice or two of Snickers poke cake, it's important to store any leftovers correctly to maintain both texture and flavor.
You can store this poke cake at room temperature for about 4-5 days. Make sure to cover tightly with saran wrap or transfer to an airtight container.
- It's easy to change this cake up to a different type of candy bar. Try using Heath bars, Almond Joys or whatever your favorite type of candy is.
- You can also sub out the chocolate frosting for white, buttercream, or try something different like a peanut butter frosting or salted caramel buttercream.
- Change the cake flavor to white or yellow if you want.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top if you want a little extra crunchiness.
Favorite Toppings and Sides
This cake doesn't need anything additional to make it delicious, but there are a few things we like to top on our cake or add to the side.
We love pairing cake with ice cream, and this Chocolate Snickers Poke cake is no exception. Here are a few of our favorite toppings and sides for this chocolate cake:
- vanilla ice cream - with or without chocolate sauce or caramel sauce
- caramel ice cream
- whipped cream
Other Dessert Recipes
Snicker's Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix prepared in a 9x13 pan
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup peanuts crushed
- 2 containers chocolate frosting
- 12 fun size Snickers bars chopped
- Allow the cake to cool completely, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke several holes in the cake.
- Fill each hole halfway full with caramel sauce, then top the caramel sauce with chopped peanuts. Set aside the remaining peanuts to sprinkle on the top of the cake.
- Carefully spread the chocolate frosting over the top of the cake.
- Decorate the cake with chopped Snickers and peanuts.
Leave a Reply