This peppermint dip is the perfect dessert dip in winter. It's a light and airy dip with lots of peppermint flavor.
As we head into winter it seems all things peppermint, gingerbread, and eggnog flavors surround us. These are all such delicious flavors and so unique.
This is a dessert dip filled with peppermint flavor and so delicious.
It not only tastes so good, but it's so easy to make. The longest (and hardest!) part of making this dip is letting it chill in the fridge before eating it.
This dip is not only one that adults love, but kids as well. I find kids love to dip anything they can and this dip is perfect for that.
Peppermint Fluff Dip
Peppermint fluff dip is a delicious dip made with the classic fluff dip ingredients of Cool Whip and cream cheese, but it includes peppermint extract and you can use either peppermint candies or mini candy canes for the peppermint flavor.
This dip is so incredibly tasty...especially if you are a peppermint lover. I love how refreshing the flavor is and how well it pairs with so many different types of crackers and cookies that I wouldn't pair with other dips.
It seems like chocolate and peppermint were made in heaven and it's no different when you dip something chocolatey into this dip such as chocolate graham crackers or chocolate-covered pretzels or even chocolate-covered strawberries.
- for crumbling/crushing your peppermint candy canes or candies, stick them in a ziplock baggie and use a heavy rolling pin or meat mallet to crush them.
- If you aren't planning to eat this right away, add the crushed candy right before serving the dip
- When mixing the cream cheese with the sugar and extract, make sure it's mixed really well. You don't want any chunks of cream cheese when eating this. You want everything to be fully mixed together and smooth.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for up to 5-6 days. Make sure they are covered or in an air-tight container. Make sure to stir it after removing from the fridge.
Planning to bring this to a Christmas party or holiday gathering? You can make this the day beforehand, but save the peppermint candy or candy canes until you're ready to go before mixing them in.
Favorite Things to Dip
There are so many things you can dip into this dip, the sky's the limit! Here are some of our favorites.
- graham crackers or for a twist try some chocolate graham crackers for a classic chocolate and peppermint flavor combo
- shortbread cookies or butter cookies
- chocolate covered pretzels
- Vanilla wafers
Ingredients in Peppermint Dip
Cream cheese: make sure to pull this out of the fridge about a half an hour before you start making this dip. You want it room temperature so it is softened and will be easier to mix into everything without leaving chunks of cream cheese.
Peppermint extract plus either Starlight peppermint candy or mini candy canes crushed: these will give your dip the delicious and chilling peppermint flavor.
Frozen whipped topping: You want to pull this out of the fridge ahead of time to allow it to thaw so it can mix completely into the dip. You can use Cool Whip or store brand.
How to Make Peppermint Dip
Mix: In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract. Beat together with a mixer until well combined and there are no chunks of cream cheese.
Fold in: Add the whipped topping and peppermint candies and fold them gently into the cream cheese mixture.
Chill: Cover dip and place in the fridge to chill for at least one hour. Before serving, top with the additional crushed peppermint candy.
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- 10 starlight peppermint candy or mini candy canes crushed
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract and beat together with a mixer until well combined.
- Add the whipped topping and peppermint candies and fold them gently into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover dip and place in the fridge to chill for at least one hour. Before serving, top with the additional crushed peppermint candy.