These Italian sausage biscuit cups are a great quick and easy dinner. It's also a dinner idea that kids love.
I first heard about these biscuit cups when my sister was in college. She came home one weekend and insisted on making these. One of her best college buddies showed her this meal that his Mom would make when growing up.
These are so tasty!
You use a cupcake pan to form a cupped shape in the biscuit. Then, fill the cup with a meat sauce mixture and top with cheese. After you bake in the oven, pair them with a side salad or other veggie and you have a quick and easy dinner.
Sausage Biscuit Cups
Sausage biscuit cups are dough added to a muffin tin and shaped to form a cup shape. This "cup" is then filled with a meat mixture and topped with cheese, then baked in the oven.
- package refrigerated jumbo flakey biscuits
- ground Italian sausage
- marinara sauce
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheeset56tr4ftrgg
How to Make
Step 1: Open up can of biscuits, separate each biscuit, then split each biscuit in half. Press each half into a greased cupcake pan. You should end up with 16 rounds. I like to flatten the biscuits a bit before pressing them into the pan.
Step 2: In a skillet over medium heat, brown the Italian sausage until it is no longer pink.
Step 3: Stir in the marinara sauce, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Step 4: Spoon the meat mixture into each biscuit.
Step 5: Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Step 6: Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cheese in melted and biscuits start to brown.
Enjoy as is or with a sauce of marinara for dipping!
Tips for Making
- Really flatten the biscuits and get them into the muffin cup so you can fill them as full as possible
- You can stick a baking sheet on the shelf below the shelf you put these on in the oven to catch any drips if it bubbles over
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. They are definitely better when you eat them fresh though.
Variations and Alternatives
We love making these different ways. Here are some ways you can change up this recipe to suit your needs.
- Change out the sausage for ground beef or turkey
- Swap out the cheese for whatever kind you prefer.
- You could swap out the spaghetti sauce or alfredo
Italian Sausage Biscuit Cups
- 1 16 oz. package refrigerated jumbo flakey biscuits
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese optional
- Split each biscuit in half and press down into the greased cupcake pan. (there should be 16 rounds)
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the Italian sausage until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, garlic powder, and Italian Seasoning.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each biscuit.
- Top with mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits start to brown.
- Serve hot with more sauce for dipping.