This creamy cucumber salad is just right for a light summer lunch or as a side for dinner.
If you have an abundance of cucumbers, you'll love making this cucumber salad. Not only will it use up some of your cucs, but it tastes delicious as well.
You can use cucumber salad as a light lunch or dinner or it makes an excellent side dish.
You'll use sliced cucumbers and sliced red onion. Make a dressing out of sour cream, mayo, sugar, vinegar, and some fresh herbs and spices. Mix it all together.
This is a great quick salad.
Do you leave skin on cucumber for salad?
This all comes down to personal preference. In this cucumber salad, you'll wash your cucumber well, leave the skin on and slice it. If you don't like cucumber skins, you are more than welcome to peel the cucumber before slicing.
- English cucumbers, sliced
- medium red onion, sliced
- sour cream
- granulated sugar
- white vinegar
- fresh dill, minced
- garlic powder
How to Make
Step 1: Clean and slice cucumbers and onion and add to a large bowl.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and stir to coat well.
Step 4: Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
You can store leftovers in refrigerator. The longer it is stored, the stronger the cucumber salad will become.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium red onion sliced (about 1 cups)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Clean and slice cucumbers and onion and add to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and stir to coat well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.