Air fryer potato skins are crispy on the outside and this recipe has a delicious blend of seasonings in them.
Making air fryer potato skins, you'll end up with a crispy outside and a delicious potato skin loaded with savory toppings on the inside.
Making these in the air fryer is so easy.
Potato Skins in Air Fryer
Potato skins are a popular appetizer in many restaurants. They make an excellent appetizer or snack and can be made in the comfort of your home.
You make potato skins by first baking the potato, then scooping out the insides and refilling the potato skins with an assortment of seasonings and ingredients such as cheese and bacon.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, you can store in the fridge, in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Just add them into the air fryer at 350 F for about 3-4 minutes or until warm.
Can You Freeze Potato Skins
One of the really cool things with this recipe is that you can freeze it for later if you want. Just make sure to not add any green onions when cooking them.
After the potato skins have totally cooled, you can stick them into a plastic freezer bag, making sure to remove all the excess air before sealing.
Store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
When you are ready to eat, just add them to the air fryer basket and cook at 370 for 5 minutes. Check and make sure they are heated through. If needed, add an additional couple minutes.
What to Pair Air Fryer Potato Skins With
We love eating potato skins with many different things. Here are some of our favorites:
- ranch dressing for dipping: dipping in a creamy dip such as ranch dressing or even sour cream adds a cool and tangy flavor that compliments the savory filling of potato skins.
- salad: you can easily pair potato skins with a salad for a light meal.
- chicken wings: for a more indulgent meal, pair potato skins with other snacks you'd find on the menu at a bar such as chicken wings.
- soup or chili: potato skins can also be served alongside a hearty bowl of soup or chili.
We used some seasonings, bacon, and cheese for the toppings on our potato skins, but there are many other things you can top your potato skins with. Here are some ideas:
- shredded chicken and either buffalo sauce or BBQ sauce
- cheese and ranch dressing
- taco meat, black olives, black beans, and sour cream
Tips for Making Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Save the insides to make other recipes such as potato soup or mashed potatoes.
- Use russet potatoes for making these. They have a slightly thicker skin than red or gold potatoes.
- All air fryers are slightly different in temperatures, so your cooking time may be slightly shorter or longer.
- Experiment with different toppings
- Serve immediately. For the best taste, serve the air fried potato skins immediately.
Ingredients in Air Fryer Potato Skins
russet potatoes: Use medium-sized russets.
chopped bacon and cheddar cheese: bacon and cheese make a delicious savory filling for potato skins
seasonings: in this recipe we are using salt, pepper, dried dill, onion powder and garlic powder to season and flavor our potato skins.
chopped green onions for garnish
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Skins
Prepare: Pre-heat air fryer to 400°F while you clean the potatoes. Wash the potatoes well by using your hands to rub the potatoes under water to rinse off dirt and particles. Next, coat the potatoes in the olive oil and place them in your air fryer basket.
Cook: Cook at 400° for 30 minutes. Make sure they are cooked by poking them with a fork. If there is no resistance they are done. If they need more time, cook the potatoes for longer and check the potatoes after 5 minutes.
Stuff: Cut the potatoes in half the long way and scoop out the insides forming a boat. Leave about a ¼” of potato.
In a small bowl, mix your spices. Spray the potatoes with oil, and season.
Sprinkle a good amount of cheese and bacon in each potato and season the top with some of the remaining spices. You may end up with leftover spices, that is OK.
Cook: Place potatoes back in the air fryer basket and cook at 350° for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potato edges are crispy. Let rest in air fryer for 5 minutes. Remove from air fryer and garnish.
Enjoy: Serve with ranch as a dipping sauce.
Air Fryer Potato Skins
- 7 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- choppedgGreen onions for garnish
- Wash the potatoes well by using your hands to rub the potatoes under water to rinse off dirt and particles.
- Coat the potatoes in the oil and place them in an air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400° for 30 minutes. Make sure they are cooked by poking them with a fork. If there is with no resistance they are done.
- Cut the potatoes in half the long ways and scoop out the insides forming a boat. Leave about a ¼” of potato.
- In a small bowl, mix your spices. Spray the potatoes with oil, and season.
- Sprinkle a good amount of cheese and bacon in each potato and season the top with the remaining spices.
- Place potatoes back in the air fryer basket and cook at 350° for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and potato edges are crispy. Let rest in air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and garnish.
- Serve with ranch as a dipping sauce.
Make sure to "PIN IT" for later and follow Gather in my Kitchen on Pinterest for all the latest easy and delicious recipes!
Leave a Reply