Making an air fryer quesadilla is quick and easy. With this recipe, it will add a bit of spice to your quesadilla, but you can use the cook times for cheese quesadillas in the air fryer as well.
This air fryer chicken quesadilla is a quick and tasty meal. It makes a great lunch while kids are home from school or a quick dinner for a busy weeknight when everyone is running in and out the door with all their activities.
Changing up the ingredients inside it is easy to do, you can easily customize quesadillas for everyone in the family.
If you have picky eaters or someone who doesn't like things very hot, just leave out the sauce mixture or make it a plain cheese quesadilla.
- garlic powder
- jalapeño juice
- minced jalapeños
- cayenne pepper
- roasted chicken breast
- sliced American cheese
- flour tortillas
- cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese
- air fryer
- metal rack that came with air fryer
- oil mister
- small bowl
- small spatula or knife for spreading sauce
- knife, scissors, or pizza cutter for cutting quesadilla
These air fryer quesadillas are super easy to make and taste so delicious.
Step 1: Create the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, jalapeño, jalapeño juice, and spices together in a small mixing bowl.
Step 2: Place an open flour tortilla on a flat surface. Use half a cheese slice and place it on half a tortilla the long way. Then cover this side of the tortilla with ½ cup of shredded cheese. Add 5-6 slices of the rotisserie chicken onto this same side.
Step 3: On the opposite side, spread about a tablespoon of the sauce you created above.
Step 4: Fold the tortilla over so it is closed and cut it in half.
Step 5: Preheat air fryer at 370° for 3 minutes.
Step 5: Using the oil mister, mist the inside of the air fryer basket and then place half of the quesadilla you just cut into the air fryer basket. Spray the quesadilla with the oil mister and place the metal rack that came with the air fryer over the open end of the quesadilla. Cook at 370° for 3 minutes, then flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Step 6: Follow step 5 for each additional quesadilla.
Step 7: Add your quesadillas to plates and top with any condiments you want. Enjoy!
There are so many toppings you can add to these quesadillas or condiments you can use as a dipping sauce. Here are some of our favorites:
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Pico de Gallo
The variations you can make for quesadillas is endless! Here are some fun add-ins we like to use as well as variations when making air fried quesadillas:
- beans - refried beans and black beans are our favorite
- bell peppers
- chopped onion
- Replace the chicken with ground beef
- replace the seasonings with premade taco seasoning
- leftover taco meat or fajita makings
It is very important to use the rack that came with the air fryer to hold down the sides on the quesadilla while cooking it. I didn't do this originally and the top of the tortilla flapped all around and it came out as a huge mess.
If you no longer have this rack, then see if you have something that is oven safe and small enough to pin down that side. You could even use toothpicks.
Pair these quesadillas up with some great sides for a hearty meal. Some ideas are:
- street corn
- chips & salsa/guacamole
- beans & rice
- Spanish rice
- jalapeno poppers
Air Fryer Copycat Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño juice
- 2 teaspoons jalapeños minced
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 lb roasted chicken breast sliced, divided
- 3 slices american cheese
- 5 burritos sized flour tortillas
- 2 ½ cups Cheddar & Monterey Jack shredded cheese divided
- Mix the mayonnaise, jalapeño, jalapeño juice, and spices together in a mixing bowl until sauce is combined.
- Lay open one tortilla on a flat surface. Place half a cheese slice on one half of the tortilla long ways. Cover same side with ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Place 5-6 slices of chicken on cheese.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on opposite side of tortilla.
- Fold tortilla closed and cut in half
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil and place halved quesadilla in basket. Lightly spray quesadilla with oil and cook on 370 for 3 mins, flip and cook for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2-5 per tortilla.
Leave a Reply